sábado, 17 de noviembre de 2007

Tren con destino a Brighton, salida a las 5:15


A raíz de mi comentario en el post de "Lover Man" no he podido evitar pinchar de nuevo uno de mis temas favoritos de esa monumental obra llamada Quadrophenia. Señoras y señores, con todos ustedes, The Who y una canción llamada "5:15".






Why should I care, why should I care?

Girls of fifteen, sexually knowing

The ushers are sniffing, Eau-de-cologning

The seats are seductive, celibate sitting

Pretty girls digging, prettier women.

Magically bored, on a quiet street corner

Free frustration, in our minds and our toes

Quiet stormwater, M-m-my generation

Uppers and downers, either way blood flows.


Inside outside. Leave me alone.

Inside outside. Nowhere is home.

Inside outside, Where have I been?

Out of my brain on the five fifteen.



On a raft in the quarry, slowly sinking.

On the back of a lorry, holy hitching.

Dreadfully sorry, apple scrumping.

Born in the war, birthday punching.



He man drag, in the glittering ballroom

Gravely outrageous, in my high heel shoes

Tightly undone, they know what they're showing

Sadly ecstatic that their heroes are news.

No hay comentarios: